Thursday, February 10, 2011

As Courts Go....

This one wasn't too bad. The judge found that I was in compliance so finally my property is clean enough for Arvada. I still find it wierd that the city can tell me how clean my backyard is supposed to be. But let's look at other laws where they invade our privacy and maybe we'll see the pattern.

One of my favorites is the seatbelt law. If I drive a vehicle or ride in the passenger seat, I am required by law to wear a seatbelt. And if I don't, I can get a ticket. And they pull me over just because they don't see a seatbelt. Now don't get me wrong, I believe in wearing seatbelts. I think they save lives. But I also believe I have the right not to have my life saved if I don't want it saved. And on the same note, if I ride a motorcycle, I am required to wear a helmet. Now again I think helmets save lives, and I would never dream of riding a motorcycle without a helmet. But, once again, I must save, if I don't want my life saved, then what the hell type of government do we have that can trample all over my rights as an individual and tell me that I have to do things that are going to save my life.

I am sure if we looked closer at several laws we would find that several of them don't pass the constitutional muster. And what do we do? We simply roll over and say well if our government says so, it must be right. We don't dare question the authority. I say it's time to look closely at what our government is telling us, and tell them that we want laws that protect us, not break us. Or at least, that's as I see it now....


paypal kendal_emery@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment