Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank God It's Friday

Well, here we are at the end of a week. And what a week it has been. We got all the way down to negative 18. Wow that's cold for this desert boy. There wasn't a lot of snow, but there was enough. Schools closed for a couple of days, and people were told to stay inside if at all possible. And that is what I did. I stayed inside. All of this on the very week that Punxsutawney Phil came out of the ground, and did not see his shadow, thus predicting an early spring. Negative freaking 18 degrees, and he predicts an early spring....

I also found out that Westminster, the city in which I got my tickets for among other things resisting arrest and obstructing an officer, was probably the worst city I could have got the ticket in, as if it had been a Denver officer, which don't get me wrong, I don't really like Denver cops either, but if it had been in Denver, I would have probably been able to plea to putting slugs in a parking meter, a non-moving violation which carries a 100.00 fine, and been done with this. Not that I think I should have any fines or points, or necessarily plea to anything, but come on, you make it worth my while, and I will be glad to forget the whole thing. I also found out that they forgot to tell me one important piece of information. If I want a jury trial, which believe me, may be the only way I am going to get any justice in this trial, I have to pay a 25.00 jury fee within 20 days of my first court appearance. Well as it would turn out, my next appearance is over 20 days after my first appearance. If I don't go in before then, I am not going to be able to have my jury. Don't you think, the judge, or bailiff, or someone should have mentioned that before I left the court room? Now the prosecutor was nice enough to tell me he wasn't going to be seeking jail time. Isn't that big of him?

Couple that with the Arvada code officer making me her personal vendetta bitch, and it's going to be a really interesting month. I have three court appearances in 2 weeks. I feel like I am going to be living in the court rooms.

We couple that with my basic disappointment in the economy. I looked back at craiglist and there has been less than 30 computer type jobs posted in Denver this week. My God, how in the hell is anyone supposed to find a job, if that is all the jobs that are being posted. Now, I know there were more in Dice and Monster, but craigslist is a good indication of what is going on. That, and I went to apply for foodstamps today. Would you believe that on unemployment, I make too much money per month by a good 500.00 a month to get food stamps. I mean really, it's not like I am getting rich on this. I do get more than I would get on a minimum wage job, but still it's not enough to really live on. I don't have a working car, and I have a mortgage, but they don't even take that into consideration.

So, yeah, with the weather and court an economy, it's been an interesting week... or at least that's as I see it now.



Remember paypal is kendal_emery@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment