Thursday, September 9, 2010

Property

Part of the American dream is the ownership of property.  The idea of owning your own house, where you can do as you please, when you please, and there is no one that can tell you no.  Well, people, I am here to tell you that the American Dream is now the American nightmare.  Let me explain.

Around our house, parked on the RV pad to the side, which is behind the fence in our backyard, we have two cars.  A 1999 Crown Victoria and a 1995 Eagle Talon.  I just got notice in the mail yesterday, that in order for me to have these cars on my property, they have to be properly licensed, which means they have to be insured.  This means it is going to cost me around 150.00 to 200.00 a month to have 2 cars, legally parked on my property, behind a fence so it is out of the view of the neighbors.

Now, I am a reasonable man, and I do understand that we should have limits on some things.  I wouldn't want to live right next door to a wrecking yard.  But two cars hardly makes a wrecking yard.  I could also understand if I had a car out front, up on blocks, but that isn't happening either.  All the cars that are parked in my front yard, on the driveway, all have all four wheels on the ground.

I guess what I am saying is that the dream of property ownership has been diminished for me, because I don't feel like it is my property now.  I am just a custodian, and I have to do things the way someone else wants me to.  And it frustrates me to no end...

No comments:

Post a Comment