Monday, October 25, 2010

To the idiot in the WalMart Parking lot

Ok, so it may just be my own little personal pet peeve, but there was an idiot in the WalMart parking lot.  Let me explain.

I had just pulled into my parking space, and looked up, and there was this guy driving down the wrong way to get a close parking spot.  Now this may seem like a small thing, and hardly worth my time, but this is so very dangerous. The reason being, people don't look that way, so they pull out and get hit.  Well, to be the safe minded person that I am, I went, and asked him if he knew how dangerous this was.  His response..... "You know what, I don't care"

Let's think about that for a minute.   "I don't care"  I would say this is indicative of society as a whole.  I don't care.  I am doing something that is dangerous, that could cause an accident, and could possibly hurt myself, my family, or someone else, but I don't care.  I would say this is the whole reason behind drunk driving.  I am gonna go drinking, probably get smashed, and have a great time, and then i am going to get behind the wheel of something that weighs close to a ton or more, and barrel down the street all because I don't care.  At just what point did we stop thinking about what happens to our fellow man.

I know what your thinking though.  You're sitting there reading this, saying, yeah, humanity sucks, but what can I do about it.  There is a movie out there, and if you haven't seen it, then I suggest you go watch it immediately.That movie is Pay It Forward.  Haley Joel Osment plays a young kid who's teacher gives him an assignment of coming up with an idea that will change the world.  While this is just a movie, I really wonder what would happen if we all took it to heart.  What would happen, if we all took one chance to do something for one person that would really change their life. 

Ok, so that is your assignment.  Think of one thing you can do for one person to change their life.  And then comment here and tell me about it.  And that really will be... As I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment