Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I wanna be rich

I was sitting today watching "The Social Network" which is about Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of facebook. And I was immediately drawn to the story. I was impressed how he took a simple idea, and has since made it into a 25 Billion dollar industry. As a matter of fact, I bet everyone either has a facebook, or at least knows someone who has a facebook. That's a lot of people. But that isn't where it stops.

Let's look at Microsoft. Microsoft is now a multi-billion dollar industry. Most Americans have access to at least 2 computers running a microsoft product. I say at least 2 because we all have computers at home, and probably at work. And that computer at work is probably connected to another computer running a microsoft product or two. Let's see, we have windows and office on most computers, and internet explorer. And people get mad at Bill Gates, they say he is running a monopoly, but is he really. First of all, there is no requirement that we have a computer. And if we do have a computer, there is no requirement that it run windows. As a matter of fact, a lot of people I know would rather run something like Linux on their system. And we can do that, we can run Linux if we want to. So why does it seem that everyone runs windows? Because it is simpler. Because Bill Gates had the foresight to have his developers make something that my father can use. And he used that to his advantage. I don't think he runs a monopoly, I think he is probably the smartest marketer in the USA. I don't want to bad mouth Bill Gates, I want to be Bill Gates.

So as the title of this blog says, I wanna be rich, and I don't apologize for that. While I realize that money cannot buy happiness, or so we are told, I do know that money can buy a lot of the things that buy happiness. And while being rich isn't everything, being poor sucks. I used to say that I really didn't want to be rich as much as I just wanted to pay my bills. I see the futility of that now, and fully admit, if I could come up with an idea that would make me a billionaire, then you better believe I would do it. As the popular song goes, I wana be a billionaire, so freaking bad. I wanna buy cars like Bentley's and Aston Martins. I wanna live in a mansion, and I wanna provide an exceptional life for my two boyfriends, and my pet. And while I don't see a lot of socio-political ramifications in this post, I just want you guys to know this. Watch for me on the cover of Time magazine sometime in the future. Or at least, that's as I HOPE to see it now....

paypal kendal_emery@yaho.com

No comments:

Post a Comment